So the strangest error came up in our environment today.
When users go to open excel documents, they get this message:
Unable to process the request. Wait a few minutes and perform this operation again.
I did a trace in ULSLogViewer:
There was an error in communicating with Excel Calculation Services http://xxxxxx:12345/fc4fbe4d08ge4a5589e844e33e8d3c08/ExcelService*.asmx exception: An error has occurred. [Session: User: domain\yyyyyyy].
This didn’t say a whole lot, so I went to IIS Manager (inetmgr) on the system. I saw the service and the app pool looked like it was up and working fine. However, it still didn’t work.
After performing an “IISRESET”, it worked juts fine.